Gemstone wand facial massage
If your skin looks bedraggled as you feel, using a crystal or gemstone wand for this treatment works like magic to bring you and your skin back to life. Whether you're gearing up for an important meeting at work or a big night out, this gentle wand massage increases blood flow, restoring the glow that your skin's been missing. Up the energy ante by customizing the treatment with different stone energies and essential oil-infused elixirs, depending on your state of mind. Once you get the hang of massaging with wands, feel free to get creative, adding your own calming, soothing, and lifting techniques. For example, try using either the broad end of the entire length of the wand to gently release pressure points on your neck and shoulders. For skin that is not sensitive and needs an energizing boost, use Själ's pure copper facial massage wand, $60. For a gentle massage ideal for all skin types, use Själ's scolecite facial massage wand, $25.
What you'll need:
- 1 or 2 cleansed gem wands, or 1 or 2 tumbled stones, of your choice. For simplicity, the instructions are for two wands. If you use one wand or stone only, repeat each step for each side of the face.
- Gem oil elixir or Saphir Concentrate [anti-aging face oil] to provide slip. The wands should glide, not pull, on skin. If you need more of a glide or a "slip" at any point during the treatment, add a few extra drops of oil.
Tip: For a lighter or more refreshing treatment, or for oily/combination skin, you may want to add a gem water elixir or a tonic. If in a pinch, you can use a Själ facial hydration crème, such as Cela Intuitif [light cellular renewal crème], or Kura Intuitif [intense hydration crème].Instructions:
- Follow the diagram above. Apply a few drops of a charged gem oil elixir or Saphir Concentrate to cleansed skin. Gently massage the oil elixir into your skin, making sure you evenly distribute the oil to create a slip for the gem wand massage. Towel off your hands and pick up a pair of wands.
- Hold one wand in your dominant hand. Gently place the broader end of the wand on the Third Eye chakra (at the midpoint of the eyebrows). Make gentle, small circles (the size of a dime) five times clockwise, which helps to bring energy into your body. Keep your focus on the Third Eye. Don't forget, your forehead is a bone, so go easy and keep the pressure of the wand extremely light. (This massage should feel meditative and tranquil.)
- Gently place the broad ends of the two wands at the midpoint of the forehead just above the eyebrows (try to keep the wands from touching each other). With light pressure, slowly glide both wands outward toward the temples. Perform your strokes in a gentle, simultaneous, and parallel motion. Return the wands to the starting point. Release the pressure when returning to the start point of each stroke. Repeat three times before progressing up the forehead until you reach your hairline. (Again, this massage should feel meditative and tranquil.)
- Gently place the broad ends of the two wands under the eyes at the inner corner of the eye area, just under the tear duct. With light pressure, using the broad ends, slowly glide both wands outward towards the temples, following the contour of the eyes.
- Next, place a wand on either side of the bridge of the nose, then glide the broad end of the wand across the cheeks toward the midpoint of the ears in a gentle lifting motion.
- Gently place a wand on either side of the nostrils. With light pressure, slowly glide both wands outward toward the lobe of the ear, following the contours under the cheekbones. Once you reach the ears, glide the wands down the sides of the face to the point just under the earlobes and behind the jaw, then gently hold and release.
- Gently place the wands at both corners of the lips. With light pressure, slowly glide the wands to the point under the earlobes and behind the jaw.
- Gently place the wands at the midpoint of the chin (do not let the wands touch). With light pressure, slowly glide both wands outward to the point under the earlobes and behind the jaw again. Repeat steps 4 through 8 three times.
- Holding one wand horizontally in the right hand, slowly glide the wand from the side of your right nostril up to the right hairline. Then, using the second wand in the left hand, repeat the upward glide in a slow and consistent manner on the left side of your face. Repeat three times, alternating between the right and left hand.